What it’s about:
- Providing adventure trips for organizations, such as scouts, clubs, and home school associations, so that a sense of self, group and community dynamics can be developed.
- Using adventure skills, such as canoeing, kayaking and backpacking, to discover unique environments that would only be missed, or
simply could not be reached if traveling by modern vehicles, such as cars, motorboats or ATVs.
- Using discovery techniques to research and study specific flora and fauna unique to the environment we immerse ourselves into.
Snorkeling, cast netting, using identification keys and journaling are a few examples of these techniques.
Local Adventure Programs
Meramec River Canoe Trips
With its high biodiversity and rich geologic features (caves, springs, fens, etc.) the Meramec River is an excellent teaching opportunity for all. You can expect an education in canoeing skills, proper spelunking habits, river dynamics, and all aquatic and terrestrial life-forms associated with the Meramec River Corridor. All trips include canoes, paddles, lifejackets, safety gear and educational gear.
- 1 Day Canoe Trip (8:30 am to 5:00 pm)
$25/Person, must supply your own lunch and all day drinks (12–22 participants)
- 2 Day, 1 Night Canoe Trip
$70/Person which includes 4 full meals, snacks and drinks (12–18 participants)
- 3 Day, 2 Night Canoe Trip
$110/Person which includes 7 full meals, snacks and drinks (12–18 participants)
Caving in the Ozarks
Missouri has some of the best caving opportunities in the world. Join us as we respectfully explore these delicate ecosystems. Sharing our knowledge about fragile calcite deposits, cave salamanders, amphipods, bats and other organisms that dwell in the underworld is one of our most rewarding educaitonal delights. We will discuss and choose a suitable cave for your group. (April–October only)
- Full-Day of Spelunking (9:00 am to 3:00 pm)
High Adventure Programs
Upon request, detailed trip itineraries can be sent to you with trip costs, age ranges, minimum and maximum participants and expectations for every trip. In addition, we can work on new trips or modify existing trips to some degree. Our goal is to meet your goals to the best of our abilities.
Whitewater and Hiking the Smokeys OR the Rockies
Sea Kayaking on Lake Superior
Sea Kayaking the Outer Banks
Canoe the Boundary Waters
Backpack Isle Royale National Park